Wednesday, April 11, 2007

sadness....

A few weeks before all of the contaminated dog food was on the news, my Parents's Dog was at the Vet's because of Kidney Failure. They were very fortunate to get her there on time. The Vet didnt know the cause and assumed it was from old age or disease, and put her on a special diet that wouldnt tax the kidneys so much.

Soon after the news hit about all of these poisoned pet foods, and it became clear the cause of her ailment.

She improved but got worse recently and had to go to the Vet again. Yesterday they had to put Lady down. I dont know for certain but suspect that it had something to do with the poisoning from a month ago.

The Grandkids are upset and I feel just terrible for my parents. She was a Border Collie that they rescued, and was probably the brightest dog I've ever known. It's such a crime that families accross our country are going through this. How many we may never know but it seems to be snow balling.

How can so many Brands of dog food all be made by the same supplier? My parents bought the most expensive foods with the assurance that they were the best choice for health, but it seems that the whole spectrum of Brands was poisoned.

I would argue that the use of 'Wheat Gluten' as Protein was made as a financial decision and not as a health benefit to the Dogs who evolved getting their protein from real meat. So even the most Premium of foods didnt seem to have anything special about them.

What about our food supply? I wonder who controls the chemicals they use to concoct our boxed foods? How badly are we being poisoned?

It's just a mess....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are right. they're putting it in our food too

Anonymous said...

That's so sad. Sorry about Lady.

Anonymous said...

sorry about Lady, but I have to ask. When did we start rescuing animals? Was there a fire or something and did Mr. steakbellie fight the blazes? I think we are quick to make heroes of ourselves.

Yesterday, I rescued a turkey and cheese grinder from a life lacking the fullfillment of knowing it served it's purpose (in my belly). I am a hero

Anonymous said...

What about the children?!