Thursday, March 31, 2005

Why I'm Tired

A month ago I realized that my priorities were screwed up. I've been doing thing that are urgent but not things that are important. Just putting out fires and babysitting myself through life. Just get me through the day until whoever owns this life shows up.

I have lists and lists of projects and promises that are partly done, unfinnished or incorrect. They eat at me, and give me a feeling of powerlessness.

So I've taken up the task of finnishing off those things....just getting them done and closing the door. Every day I have several scheduled to get done. Finnish a logo for a friend, build a website for my sons Scout Troop, installing a new ceiling fan, writing letters and making phone calls I should have made a long time ago.

Sure, there are new things added every day but the backlog was effecting my mental health.

Sure playing ball with your son is important, but I've been blowing them off because I'm too busy....and I was! Now when they ask I say 'Yes' first and make everything else wait....They were always the priority in my heart, now they are in my life.

I'm far from a perfect Dad, but I'm committed to improving. Paying better attention. Thinking about what I really what them to learn during their childhoods...what's important?

So I've been staying up late to get things off the list and getting up early to do the same.

No comments: