Monday, March 14, 2005

Another Quirk

I count bottlecaps. When I'm drinking beer out of a bottle, at a party, I have to put the bottlecap in my pocket. If someone brings me an open beer, I will thank them, and then work my way to the kitchen to find a bottlecap to put in my pocket. I dont have this compulsion with cans or at a bar or even when I'm at home (unless it's a party at my house).

All of this started 13 years ago when I would keep a running count in my head of how many beers I drank and then subtract the amount of hours ago I started, to know when I was legal to drive. Once I was in the working world and could afford bottles instead of kegs in the basement, I was thrilled to not have to keep a conscience count. Just collect the caps and you have a correct number.

Most of the parties I go to now, I walk to, so it's not even an issue any more. Some Saturday mornings I'll pick up my pants and be amused by rattling from the night before..."oh THATS why my head hurts!"

No comments: