Wednesday, January 12, 2005

I See Blind People


steakbellies law
Originally uploaded by steakbellie.
Today I spent 45 minutes walking the streets, looking for potted plants. I have come to the conclusion that there are no houseplants for sale in Philadelphia. During my walk I discovered 2 more Blind People.

Those of you who are new to this topic should read my breakthrough article on the subject here:
http://steakbellie.blogspot.com/2005/01/philly-birthplace-of-freedom-home-of.html

The data seems to point to some kind of inverse relationship between found blind people and unfound plants. Keep in mind, I have found no plants on the other days I found Blind people. My gut tells me that the link is weak at best, but I feel compelled to find answers. Here are some therories:

*Blind people have knocked over all of the potted plants.
*Blind people eat potted plants.
*Potted plants are afraid of blind people

Before I can even test these theories I am going to need data, and ALOT of it. I intend to make a map of center city, that I can put little red flags on when I see a blind person. I'll record time of day, physical description, location, directing headed, and any plants that they are knocking over/eating.

One can wonder what scientific laws govern the blind. Can we trust Bohr's Law in that when we add more Blind to the container of Philadelphia, there will be an increase in temperature and pressure? Will I find that Heisenburg's Uncertainty Principle applies? (The more certain I am of where they are, the less certain I am of where they are going) If I introduce plants from another environment, will the Blind sense this and run away, or be drawn to them?

I'm quite amazed at how little research has been done in this field, and I am honored to trailblaze in the quest for knowledge (and a few potted plants for my office)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you do a Google image search for "Blind Person Potted Plant" you get zero results. Coincidence?

steakbellie said...

See peopel think I'm kidding. There's a whole big blind world out there, and I intend to shine a penlight on it!