Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Day 9 Asshole on Wheels

I'm a complete Asshole and having a really bad day.

I got a flat on the way in just as I was about to enter West Philly. I have Kevlar Belted Tires, so honestly I was very surprised, but I guess so was the Captain of the Titanic.

My backup plan calls for me to remove the Wheel, remove the tube, find the hole/object, patch the hole, install the tube, install the tire, inflate the tire. 20 minutes.

BUT believe it or not I havent been carrying any replacement tubes, patch kits or even a frame pump. yeah, I'm pretty dum.

My 2nd backup plan is to hobble over (I'm in bike shoes) to the nearest El train station (bikes are allowed) and take that to safety.

BUT the El is shutdown this week for improvements. duh.

My 3rd backup plan is to call my wife to come rescue me. By miricle, she's actually off today and was able to come pick me up and drop my sorry ass off at work. I dont think I'm going to bike again until I can be properly prepared.

Other people are having tougher days however. My good friend Lump-Lump's Mom passed away and the viewing is tonight. My own Mom is a proud and private person so I dont discuss her issues here, but prayers are appropriate for what she's going through today.

6 comments:

katrocket said...

Sending out some extra good vibes to your mom. God Bless Mama Steakbellie.

Chris the Hippie said...

Thinking of your Ma...

steakbellie said...

...thanks...

Anonymous said...

She's in my thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Lump-lump and family greatly appreciate your appearance Wednesday night. xoxoxox

Mama Steakbellie is in our thoughts and prayers.

CoffeeDog said...

Best to your mum.

ha ha, the capt'n of the titanic was surprised!