Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Oh, Sal Paradise....

"So in America when the sun goes down and I sit on the old broken-down river pier watching the long, long skies over New Jersey and sense all that raw land that rolls in one unbelievable huge bulge over to the West Coast, and all that road going, all the people dreaming in the immensity of it, and in Iowa I know by now the children must be crying in the land where they let the children cry, and tonight the stars'll be out, and don't you know that God is Pooh Bear? the evening star must be drooping and shedding her sparkler dims on the prairie, which is just before the coming of complete night that blesses the earth, darkens all rivers, cups the peaks and folds the final shore in, and nobody, nobody knows what's going to happen to anybody besides the forlorn rags of growing old, I think of Dean Moriarty, I even think of Old Dean Moriarty the father we never found, I think of Dean Moriarty. "

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

On The Road.
Nice.

Chris the Hippie said...

"God is Pooh Bear." Neat. Oddly enough, I just picked up a copy of On the Road a few days ago... Time to start reading.

Hey, is that THE Birdy? I thought you crated yourself up and mailed yourself to an undisclosed P.O. Box in the Andes somewhere...

MsAPhillips said...

I think whatever I shall meet on the road I shall like, and whoever beholds me shall like me;
I think whoever I see must be happy.

http://www.bartleby.com/142/82.html

Uncle Walt coulda been a Merry Prankster or a Dharma Bum...