Monday, January 07, 2008

back to work

Thanks for all the kind words.
It wound up being a positive experience for me. It was the first viewing/funeral attended by my sons and I cant tell you how proud I am of them. I think they learned/felt/experienced alot.

It's funny that when you live to be 100, there are alot less people around to come to your own funeral. All of your friends are already dead. A great showing of the family though and perhaps the last time there's a reason to be together in such completeness.

Uncle Charlie was the last living member of his High School Class. Thats pretty cool. He's also the last living member of his generation in my family. I found myself remourning my Grandparents as well with his passing.

It was great to hear all the stories and to laugh inbetween the tears.

Now we go back to work......

6 comments:

ArtieLange said...

It's good to have you back.

Smelmooo said...

Good to have you back. Take care!

Dave S. said...

Nice to have you back man.

Leonesse said...

Glad you had that time with family.

d.K. said...

I'm behind on my reading, so I'll belatedly tell you and your family I'm very sorry for your life. Sounds like uncle Charlie had a good full life.

Melissa said...

It's amazing how kids can step up to the plate when it comes to things like that. The first real viewing my kids went to was my grandmother. She was 92. When my mom passed, my kids were (obviously) at her viewing, but my son (14 at the time) wouldn't approach the casket. He liked his Grandma the way he remembered her and you have to respect that.

Again, I'm sorry for your loss, but I'm glad you had time with family to reminisce and laugh. It's such a positive spin on what could be a downer event.