Wednesday, February 16, 2005

"The World is My Toilet!"

was the pronouncement my 8 year old makes at the table during our Valentines Diner. He is immediatley shot with one of those old school roll cap guns that my wife had bought all of them with their candies. Bits of burnt red paper fell onto their plates as a fullscale three way shoot-out errupts between my boys. They are laughing histerically and firing as fast as they can. Sparks and smoke fly out of the tops of the cheap plastic guns. I note that they hold the guns palm down like they do in the 'Gansta' Movies & Videos.

I look up from my Chinese Food and give a no-hearted
"knock it off..."
I'm laughing as hard as they are

Golden Dragon has a smoky flavor to their LoMein so when it mixes in the air with the gunpowder it becomes very interesting.

I can remember a thousand moments smelling burnt gunpowder. Endless hot days, taping a rock onto an unrolled strip of caps, making buildings out of popsicle sticks and bring them down with firecrackers, firing my Dad's .22 rifle up at the farm.

I hope that someday a million years from now they will smell gunpowder again and think back to this moment. Maybe they'll order some LoMein for Dinner that night too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey. Tell him to stop being so selfish. The world is EVRYONE'S toilet.

steakbellie said...

that's YOUR job, you're the godfather!

Anonymous said...

Well get him reading my Blog then..I could use the traffic!