Thursday, December 07, 2006

A corner of Heaven that I am not allowed to visit

Believe it or not there is an eating contest in Boston that requires you to write a Haiku to enter....WHAT ARE THE CHANCES? I'm not allowed to enter that sort of thing unless it's sanctioned by the IFOCE. The requirements are that you include the words "Momo" which is some kind of meat dumpling, and the word "Tremont647"

Fellow Eater and whipper-snapper Erik the Red believes he's got game at the dumpling table, but would no doubt fall prey to my 5-7-5 bite-chew-swallow eating style in such a blended discipline. Here is a smattering contest entries to make him think twice.


i yearn to compete (haiku)
outside looking in
tremont six forty seven
momo never mo

a place at the table (haiku)
Momo meat dumplings
Oh tremont six four seven
Let me eat my fill

and what i show up anyway? (haiku)
no momo to go
tremont six forty seven
can you make enough?

1 comment:

Erik "the Red" Denmark said...

Your fortitude is strong and abundant. I suppose professionals are alloted more than one. I must go back to the table...