Saturday, May 27, 2006

16.25 in 12 Minutes


Steakbellie and Humble Bob
Originally uploaded by steakbellie.
Physically I feel spent, but surprisingly I'm ok with how I did. Maybe later I will be upset I didnt break 20, but right now I'm certain that I couldnt have eaten another bite on this day.

I placed 5th against a pretty tough field.

(some of these totals may not be exact my brains alittle fuzzy right now)
First place went to the number one eater in America: Sonia Thomas who ate 38. My Cha@rlie pointed out that I weigh more than double of her and she ate more than double of me.

Second place went to Humble Bob: This is the biggest story of the event. Bob has eaten in 10 Qualifiers and never gotten more than 18.5 This winter he lost 50 lbs and today ate an astounding 28 Hotdogs and buns. I'm deepply impressed. Bob's the best eater in PA/Jersey, and had a great entrance coming in with a brown Jedi cloak and Eagle Green Hair!

Third went to Brian Subich who ate a massive 26 another great guy. I wish some douche-bags would compeat so I could talk shit about them.

Pat Philbin took fourth with 24 Hotdogs. and of this after competing in Icecream only yesterday.

Behind me were two fifteens and then I believe some 10's or less.

I'll try to right some more tomorrow when I dont feel like such shit.

Thanks to everyone who followed me on this, and all of the wellwishers here on the blog. I had close to 30 people come down, and that felt pretty good when they chanted my name.

I'm done with hotdogs for the year and can concentrate on eating LESS....at least for alittle while.....
:)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job today. Nathan's are not easy to do. It has taken me literally 5 years to get to the point that I am now. Just think, you are starting at my 3rd year (you did what I did that year).

Keep on eating and I hope to see you again.

katrocket said...

way to go SB! you set a personal best! it's sunday eve and i hope you're feeling better. have a great long weekend, i'm proud of ya!

Chris the Hippie said...

I'm so proud of you! Honest. Both my wife and I were thinking of you...

steakbellie said...

THANKYOU everyone!!! It was really a fun experience for me and the kids really had a blast watching tiny Sonya Thomas throw down 36 HotDogs. I hope it made for inerteresting reading!

Bob,
Thanks for the kind words and the encouragement at the contest. You made me feel welcome to be at the table. See you in Lancaster, if I made the cut!!!!

Smelmooo said...

WOOOO HOOOO!!!!

Back to the real world now?

Or... do you have a new challenge I can follow....

steakbellie said...

there are a few irons in the fire....not sure what angle I'm taking though....

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your top 5 finish. The Shoo Fly Pie contest has an amateur division that you might be eligible for (see link)

Anonymous said...

Great outing man. That Shoo Fly Pie contest should be a good show. I'll be there as a spectator.

steakbellie said...

Come say Hi then
I'll be the guy in the kilt
lol