Thursday, October 27, 2005

The Lion's Press Conference

The Press Conference has been quickly arrainged on the Savanah. There's a monkey swining on the microphone stand, hooting into the microphone to test it. A pack of Antelope are looking nervously from side to side. They have press passes.

The lights come on and the Lion comes out from behind a curtain. He centers himself infront of the microphone (monkey starts to swing upside-down now) and a backdrop that has the words "New Beginingz" stamped repeatedly on it.

Lion: (clears throat to see that the mic is on, the Antelope shuffle slightly) "Hey guys, I dont want to take alot of your time, so I'll get right to it. I've been thinking alot lately and I've decided to announce to you and the world, that I am no longer a Lion."

The crowd is stunned and the Lion is confused by the lack of reaction. One of the Antelope blinks.

"Really...I'm not a Lion....I've...."
There is a mad shuffle of hooves and dust.
The assembled animals are gone except for the monkey who gnawing on the microphone cord and patting himself on his pink ass.
The Lion exhales and audibly thumps his head down on the live mic.
roar.

3 comments:

ArtieLange said...

I have to know! What has the lion become? Shouldn't elephants be the press since they have great memories?

Anonymous said...

This happened on Pride Rock right?

It's the "Last Call" said...

You guys are killin' me!!!!